Frameworks like Model-Glue and Mach-II support a more HTML or tag based MVC.

I have seen successful implementations of AJAX with Model-Glue. Wherever your data comes from, the model accessed in the same way as if you use a database. There is one or two steps to handle the requests.

If you write a more loosely coupled model layer, you will have the freedom to use DB, web services or xml without changing your controller or view.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Ross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <discussion@acfug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] code frameworks

Well maybe my use of the word middleware was a bit slack. My
apologies. I was wondering if anyone out there has used these
frameworks to basically format data for some front-end application
where you are not using a database. So most of the requests are over
soap or xml over http(s) and CF is formatting the data and returning
xml. Just curious of how each of these frameworks fit into this model.

-Steven