From: McTure, Greg
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 9:55 AM
To: 'discussion@acfug.org'
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Encrypted Email

 Hi Clint:

I haven't a business need to work with such an issue yet but in just
quickly thinking about your issue I would consider the following
factors.

1.      Encryption method for encrypting the email content from the
source (sender).
2.      The ability of the recipient's email client to be able to
decrypt the mail content upon receipt.

I'm not sure if this readily feasible but I would think the email
recipient would need to be aware of the encryption schema being used and
possibly need a "key" on their end to decrypt the email content.  This
would likely require no manual process by the recipient.  If this were
to be an automated process of decryption on the recipient end, (in just
quickly thinking through the process) I would start to look at some way
in which I could poll a specific location for the email to go to and
when an email is received invoke some process to decrypt the email for
the recipient.

Have you checked to see if there is a custom tag that will help or
conducted a search to see what encryption/decryption options
Outlook/Exchange has?  It may be worth giving that a look as well.