From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Douglas Knudsen
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:08 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] CFForms or Flex?

I don't know Clarke.  But I tell you what I do know.  Buddy is out of the
office at the moment, perhaps when he is back he can help out, eh?

heh.  Ok, I might be a wee bit jaded here, but go with the Flex Luke!
But if your app is largely HTML, might be good to use Ajax based stuffs to
keep things sort of uniform for the user.  The new stuff in
CF8 is pretty sweet and of course there is the standard SPRY stuff too.
Charlie's web site has some good Spry info.

I'd run fast, very fast from flash based cfgrid and that Flex 1.5 junk.  I
mean yeah, you could hack around in it and actually have the full Flex 1.5
SDK available, but its a PITA and feels icky.

DK

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Clarke Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> What's the latest thinking on CFForms?
>
> I am doing as straightforward master/detail admin form. And, I thought
> cfgrid might be a good way to do the master part.
>
> But, I need to be able to apply a switch to filter what the cfgrid
> shows, and I'm having trouble seeing how to update the cfgrid's
> dataprovider and get data between CF and Flash.
>
> So, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just do this in Flex. CFForms are
> actually Flex 1.5, and I've heard Adobe may be lukewarm on making
> improvements. I like having all my code together as CF provides, and
> Flex seems more complex. But, of course, Flex is also a lot more powerful.
>
> Thanks for any ideas!
>
>   Clarke

Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com