I'm going to guess that the reported OS version is actually MS Server 2008 and
not Vista... or at least I hope so!

The application and the database are obviously on different machines... they
could even be in different datacenters half way across the world for all we
know.  Do you know?  There could be a network related problem between the two
servers... it could happen.  :-)

Another thing to consider is the shared hosting scenario.  There is just no
telling what is going on with the hundreds of other sites using the two
different servers.  The MySQL server in question might be getting Flushed all
the time while new users and databases are added.  The service may be restarted
as configuration changes happen.

"Way back in my day" I had some CF sites hosted on a shared server.  It was
Linux and Apache.  Every time the host would add a new site to the server, they
would bounce Apache.  Constantly all my sites were going up and down up and
down.  That was my breaking point to go with a dedicated server and host my
customers where I had full control.

Anyway... sorry for the tangent.  The issue appears to be caused by loss of
connection with the database.  This is most likely not a CF problem... or a
MySQL problem... or maybe not even a problem with the JDBC drivers.  My guess
is its network related or related to other users of the systems causing
connectivity issues (via process restarting or memory flushing and such).

... but that is only a gross guess.  Sorry I can't be more specific.

Wes Byrd
CIO, Dynapp Inc.  678.528.2952 ext 601