From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Charlie Arehart
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 9:23 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] CFmail issue with CF10

Are you saying that the CF9 and CF10 deployments are on the same box?
Yes.  Both deployments are in the same box
If not, the "unreachable" could be that there's some firewall on the smtp
server that is opened to the cf9 box and not the cf10, or something like that.
Both settings use the same Server name and port.  Does CF10 use any other port
to communicate with the smtp server other than the specified port (25)?

Also, are you referring to the CF Admin "Mail" page settings (as opposed to
code doing a CFMAIL, which can override that)?  Yes.  I also tried to override
with in cfmail with the same result.
if your focus is the Admin settings, then besides the address and port fields,
check out (on both servers) the other settings in the admin page. Maybe some of
the checkboxes are not in sync between the two.
All the other settings were the same between CF9 and CF10.  Verified that.

Finally, are you seeing this message when you check the "verify" checkbox on
that page and submit it?

Error message "Connection Verification Failed!" when I check the Verify
checkbox and submit it

Or is this in your logs?
When I try the CFMail tag with or without the hard-coded values of server and
port, The following error message is in the mail.log
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: <host address>,
port: 25;   nested exception is:                 java.net.SocketException:
Network is unreachable: connect"

If the latter, are you SURE it's coming from the CF Admin settings and not some
hard-coded values on CFMAIL tags within your server's apps?

Let us know how that goes.

/charlie