On 10/4/06, Holger Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No, it sees everything. For example running at my WAN though nearly everything
is blocked it detects portscans too and will block this IP (if enabled) so it
can't start a bruteforce against my open ports. If you are lucky it will even
block the intruder before it reaches open ports on your system for example :-)

To be fair, ONLY stateless signatures (or signatures of attacks that
only need one packet to do the damage) and the port scan engine can
make any kind of detection on traffic blocked at the firewall.  But
hey, who really cares that someone is trying some uber attack against
you if there's nothing listening?  If you want to know that, I'm
afraid you need a honeypot.

--Bill