There are few things which break the analogy.

1. Israeli academic institutions are now at war against forces which try
to promote academic boycott on Israel.  The nearest analogy is an
international attempt to cut peering agreements with Orange just because
they are orange-ginger and "we are Europeans who abhor
gingerism"
(http://www.zak.co.il/tddpirate/2007/06/07/it-must-be-a-monty-python-skit/).

2. We do not know how many lectures and workshops is Stallman supposed
to deliver in Palestine.  Probably much more than three and possibly
longer.  So Stallman's visit to Israel might be just a short diversion.
If the Palestinians are so cash strapped (due to their support of
families of suicide bombers) they can't cover 20% of the cost
corresponding to the 20% of time that Stallman planned to spend in
Israel, then Stallman could ask his Israeli hosts to find a monetary
solution to the problem.

3. The companies in the example are competitors, not enemies.  This is
not the situation between Israel and Palestine.

The following does not break the analogy but puts things in perspective.

4. This kind of side tours is usually reciprocal.  Some people come to
lecture in Israel and hop over to visit Palestine, just as other people
come to Palestine and visit Israel briefly.  No side should begrudge
such short visits.  That is if both sides have peaceful intentions.  If
today Cellcom invites Stallman, then tomorrow Orange might invite Linus.
And both visitors should be welcome to visit also the other company at
this opportunity.

In summary:  Stallman may not be evil, but he is under suspicion because
there is no evidence that he explored all possible options before
cancelling his lectures in Israel, and given the context and timing of
cancellation (after Bibi Netanyahu exposed the real agenda of the
Palestinians).

--- Omer

--
We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children
more than they hate us.

I may be affiliated in any way.