Ira:  One can hardly help but notice that in his reply to Eddie, Stallman
once again passed up the opportunity to add your missing half sentence about
how much he really wanted to find a compromise instead, and how terribly
difficult the decision was for him to make.

But I have no doubt that must be what he was thinking...

Moshe