I'm pretty suree RMS' reply bounced so here I am quoting it for all of you.
he sent me a longer reply in person and they both confirm what I thought -
he's more interested in fulfilling his original obligation and use it for
promoting collaboration.

Moreover, he says the ban imposed on him is NOT Israel in its entirety, but
only the Universities (the private Shenkar College seems kosher according to
him). The weird but sensible thing to do is find lecture halls outside the
universities and there would be no conflict.

I think there are now several people in the readers who should marinade
their hats for making this a bigger political issue than it really is.

I'll be posting his personal replies to me in my blog later, and sending
them to the papers.