On 31 Jan 2014 02:22, "Donald Stufft" <don...@stufft.io> wrote:

> Just an FYI, I've begun compiling notes and plan on proposing PEPs that
will be
> aimed at supplanting PEP 425 and PEP 427 with the goal of nailing down
> undefined behavior, including missing functionality, and removing
misfeatures.

Please file issues on the pypi-metadata-formats repo, that's one of the
things it is for.

I already created one requesting a flag to indicate whether or not a
package supports meta-imports:

https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi-metadata-formats/issue/17/add-wheel-metadata-to-tag-meta-import

(along with one for the linux distro tagging and a more controversial one
to support more flexibility in the final installation layout)