+1 what Frederik said. Thanks, saved me some typing there.

We seem to have calmed down, I thought Mele had some very helpful advice.
We can all help to drag up the baseline of civility after this painfully
illustrative incident.

To me this looks like a pre-emptive attempt at a decision which there would
be absolutely no shame in retracting while there is work in progress.