Hi,

Some projects collect data using google analytics, that may be useful, It’s
also opt in and compliant with various privacy and data laws, but this does
shows users rather than ASF.

Github also have a lot of stats about contributors (many of which are like to
be PMC/committers in the Apache Group) this also optionally includes location.
That may be a good start. There’s currently 2,634 people in the ASF GitHub
organisation [1], that around a 1/3 of the total committers (currently 6901).

A lot of stats can be inferred from version control history. I’ve performed
analysis on on version control history to work out company structure, were
teams are located, identify bus factors  , hidden dependancies and were future
bugs are likely to be in code and other stuff. (I gave a talk about it a few
   ApacheCons ago.)

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/orgs/apache/people