On further reflection, there is a huge internationalization issue
here. The hyphenation rules and data driven exceptions are English
specific. Some will work (minimally) for other languages, but are not
good enough. Proper integration will be required, and language
developers will need to have more knowledge about this corner domain.
Due to my NDA/NC I cannot work on that part of it, but I do have a
patch almost ready for django.utils.text.wordwrap to take an optional
boolean argument to do word hyphenation.

Thankfully it is data driven and getting the data from the .po should
not be too difficult. The problem will be getting the initial data.