On 8/11/07, David Larlet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here is my suggestion: the current forms from model or instance are
> great but you often need a custom form, what about an extra-argument
> to the collection (better because I already need a form in the
> collection in order to return a creation form on the list view, about
> that if you have better idea...) or the responder with the form class?

Forms seem to be relevant only if you use TemplateResponder, therefore
I am against adding form-specific code to ModelResource. You can
already specify extra_context for TemplateResponder. Might that be
sufficient?

> * in order to be consistent with template, the name should be related
> to elem._meta.module_name and not self.template_object_name

Fixed, thanks.

> About urls, how can I get a "reversed url". For example, is it planned
> to deal with {% url %} tag and permalink? I've tried to do this
> without any success.

This should definitely be possible, but I have not found an elegant
way to do this yet.

> So thank you for your awesome work and I will not hesitate to fill
> a bug (and maybe to help if GSoC allow that) if I find one.

Once the SoC final evaluation is over (Mon, August 20th), it will be a
lot easier (=possible) for me to work together with other people and
to accept code contributions. This strikes me a little strange since
SoC is supposed to encourage work within the open source community but
what you end up with is "work on your own, supported by your mentor"
(which, admittedly, works quite well).

Regards,
Andreas Stuhlmüller