2007/8/12, Andreas Stuhlmüller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On 8/11/07, David Larlet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here is my suggestion: the current forms from model or instance are
> > great but you often need a custom form, what about an extra-argument
> > to the collection (better because I already need a form in the
> > collection in order to return a creation form on the list view, about
> > that if you have better idea...) or the responder with the form class?
>
> Forms seem to be relevant only if you use TemplateResponder, therefore
> I am against adding form-specific code to ModelResource. You can
> already specify extra_context for TemplateResponder. Might that be
> sufficient?

In fact, the problem is that you use ResourceForm in model_resource
and it could be interesting to use the given form_class instead.
That's why I'm more interested in a resource argument.

About extra_content, when I'd like to give a form_class, I get an
instance in my dict which is not what I expected (I just want the
class). Maybe I haven't done the right thing? Can you put an example
of the use of extra_content to give a form class to the responder?

> > About urls, how can I get a "reversed url". For example, is it planned
> > to deal with {% url %} tag and permalink? I've tried to do this
> > without any success.
>
> This should definitely be possible, but I have not found an elegant
> way to do this yet.

Ok, thanks for your answer. My main concern is about the possibility.

Regards,
David