The problem we are discussing here is not really a django specific one. The
concerns Adrian pointed out can be easily taken care of by using branches.
In theory the generic documentation enhancement should be applicable to all
releases, but we know its only really applicable to the previous release, or
may be the one before that, so its not like we will have to maintain lost of
branches either.

I say for each release, we create a branch, and each documentation
enhancement be backported to it when applicable. I also say the default
documentation on website be generated from the the latest release branch.

This should solve all issues.

--
Amit Upadhyay
Vakow! www.vakow.com