2007/8/26, Simon Greenhill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Aug 26, 9:56 pm, "David Larlet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I agree that users do not try to read the local docs for the moment,
> > but maybe it's because the ReST style discourage them to do so. Let's
> > try to add html doc with the djangoproject's css and maybe more users
> > will use local docs. A lot of people don't even know the rst2html
> > command...
>
> There are two tickets outstanding for a similar issue -
>
> #528 (add a local PDF/HTML docs generator)
> #4940 (have downloadable PDF versions of the docs).
>
> Please feel free to get stuck into implementing these :-) If we could
> provide a
> downloadable "bundle" of docs per version, this could help sort this
> problem out

Assuming you've got rst2pdf linked in #4940 and pdftk, you can
generate a huge (364 pages!) pdf with those commands:

$ for i in $(ls docs); do python rst2pdf.py docs/$i; done
$ pdftk docs/*.pdf cat output django_doc.pdf

At this point, it could be interesting to decide if we need a specific
order, fancy output, etc.

David