I hit a little problem last night with registering a new user in the
newforms admin branch. I posted my original question on django-users:
https://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/47b6fdc09d9de07c
. Working backwards throughout the day, I noticed that
django.contrib.auth.forms used old forms. For the life of me I tried
to find a patch or request in the trac on this and I couldn't. To
quickly get my site up and running I am currently almost complete a
new forms.py and changes in views.py that use new forms and solves my
mystery error.

Is there something I am missing? Is there a reason that auth is not
ported to new forms yet on the newforms admin? If that reason is time,
can I offer this (soon to be complete) port? I just need a little
guidance from someone who knows more on why it seems I am the only one
to have noticed this. Thanks,

Michael Newman