On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 07:12 -0800, Michael Newman wrote:

> > The idea is to replace contrib.comments a bit prior to 1.0. So patches
> > to the existing contrib.comments probably aren't that useful at the
> > moment. Jacob's already done a lot of the work on the rewrite. Stay away
> > from that for the time being.
>
> That's why I ask before I do. Is Jacob also redoing the auth system

The auth system is (more or less) completely unrelated to comments, as
far as I'm aware. I think you might be confusing multiple unrelated
things here. You're filtering things based on "uses oldforms" or not.
I'm just splintering off a portion and saying "don't worry about that
bit just yet".

All I wanted to point out is that going nuts and extending into
django.contrib.comments is probably slightly duplicated effort at this
moment in time. We can live with the current status quo in that
directory for now (the only patches worth applying are where changes
elsewhere would mean comments completely break, so patching comments to
work again would be worthwhile).

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Why be difficult when, with a little bit of effort, you could be
impossible.