On Feb 13, 2008 6:50 PM, Michael Newman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for passing that link along. Worse part is that I seriously
> managed to almost duplicate that patch verbatim in the last 12 hours.
> Shouldn't this be marked as a block to the trunk merge? When I didn't
> see it there I thought that I had to have been going crazy.
>
> This ticket is a duplicate of the error that I got and perhaps should
> be removed: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/6572
>
> Many thanks again, Michael

Too bad about the duplicated work, but it was probably a learning experience
anyway, right?  So not entirely useless.

Hmm, that ticket (6083) specifies a version of "SVN", therefore it wasn't
included in the sweep of marking newforms-admin tickets as either blocking
merge or not.  Should the migration of auth to newforms be part of the
newforms-admin branch?  Sure, admin uses auth, but newforms-admin doesn't
require that auth use newforms (I've been running on the newforms-admin
branch w/ old auth forms fine), and auth is used outside of admin, so it
isn't clear to me that migrating auth to newforms is part of the
newforms-admin work.  But honestly I haven't had time to look into what
exactly the problems are that you (and others) have been hitting in this
area, so maybe I'm missing some reason why migrating auth to newforms should
be done first on newforms-admin instead of just doing it on trunk.

As for that other ticket, you could return it yourself as a dup of the one
that is still open for the problem.  Just fill in some settings here:
http://code.djangoproject.com/settings so you don't show up as "Anonymous".
Better if it's done by someone who actually has a clue with regard to the
problem reported, and that wouldn't be me.

Cheers,
Karen