I mentioned some issues to Michael Axiak a while back, and he said
he'd get to them but that I should post them on the 2070 ticket.  I
forgot to post them, so he might've missed it before it was committed
to SVN.  I made a new ticket for them:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7593

A quick overview of the issues:
1. The temporary file is not deleted in many cases.  This is a problem
when handling large uploads.  The fix is to use tempfile.TemporaryFile
instead of uploadhandler.py's TemporaryFile (why does it even
exist?).  tempfile.TemporaryFile unlinks the file immediately after
creation.  uploadhandler.py's TemporaryFile also does not act
completely like a file object, which would be fixed by moving to
tempfile.TemporaryFile.
2. An extremely common use-case requires direct access to the file
object.  Both upload handlers (memory & temporary file) have file
objects that UploadedFile can return, so why not put it in the API?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hseu