On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Jonas Pfeil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> P.S.: I should have brought this up here earlier instead of causing a
> somewhat lengthy discussion on IRC, sorry for that. I hope James
> doesn't hate me after this ;)

I stand by what I said in the dev channel yesterday: this is one
instance of a more general issue (there are lots of places where --
because we need to import or check something -- we can end up
"swallowing" exceptions in this fashion), one which will require time
and thought to deal with, and which should not be tackled piecemeal.
Given that, and the fact that there's a lot of much more critical work
to do, I think the appropriate time to do that is **after** Django
1.0. This is simple prioritization (and, as others have pointed out to
you, the fact that there hasn't been a big flood of bug
reports/support problems related to this probably indicates it's not
as critical as you're making it out to be).