Hanne,

I ran into that exact problem myself and filed the following ticket related
to the issue: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9519

I also found that you could run your own delete operation through the ORM,
however, to work around this. It's more work and certainly not in line with
DRY or any of the normal sensibilities... but it does at least work. Here's
an example of that, built off the example in the ticket:
http://dpaste.com/92116/