I like this idea for an additional reason:

I look at the Django timeline regularly, but I have ticket detail
changes filtered out. Therefore I *don't* see changes like
"unreviewed" -> "accepted", etc. I do, however, see ticket status
changes (closing, reopening, etc.). Thereby these kinds of changes
will be more visible, especially when a ticket is re-opened,
presumably with more information.

I do have one concern, though... I worry that it might be off-putting
to new contributors who may not provide enough information if their
ticket is *closed* with needsmoreinfo rather than commented on with
"needs more info".

All in all, I like it.

    - Gabriel