Hi!

I have a project where setting TEMPLATE_STRING_IF_INVALID has been
invaluable in finding problems (for various reasons). The caveat
mentioned in the docs don't kick in here because no templates are
inherited from elsewhere. Except the admin which unfortunately breaks
down in some places.

I realize there's been a big discussion before about the merits of
error suppression. No need to repeat that.

But is it really not possible to fix admin in the few places it's a
problem? Those I've seen so far have one-line fixes where you add an
empty variable to the context. Seems harmless to me. I realize
cluttering the template itself with a {% if var %} is ugly. No need to
go there.

I don't mind writing a patch for the cases that bother me, but won't
do it unless somebody is willing to apply it?

Ole