On 25/08/11 00:39, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> On principle, I have no objection to the idea of making the admin
> templates more robust in the presence of TEMPLATE_STRING_IF_INVALID;
> adding dummy values in the context sounds like a reasonable approach
> -- *if* doing this doesn't undermine broader error handling in the
> templates.

If we call this a bug, and agree to fix it, does it mean that from now
on for any changes to the admin template we have to be careful to test
with TEMPLATE_STRING_IF_INVALID != '' ?

That sounds kind of tedious, and I would be against making a promise
never to break this again in the future. If we can fix it now with
relatively little incovenience, fine, but I don't want that to turn into
a promise.

Regards,

Luke

--
"Doubt: In the battle between you and the world, bet on the world."
(despair.com)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/