Hello,

Maybe it's just me, but I find the i18n docs quite confusing, and I often
struggle to locate the information I need:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/topics/i18n/

For instance, I don't understand why:
- the index page immediately dives into gettext technicalities;
- /topics/i18n/localization/ describes how to write .po files and how to use
the localization features of Django (USE_L10N), two seemingly unrelated topics;
- implementation details of i18n are split between /howto/i18n/ and
/topics/i18n/deployment/.

In the context of my timezone support branch, I'd like to clarify all this.

I regard internationalization as the combination of three things:
1 - USE_I18N = translation, per language
                => translating text in code and templates -- USE_I18N is an
unfortunate choice for the translation setting, but that's history)
2 - USE_L10N = localization, per country
                => formatting dates, times, numbers -- possibly currencies and
units in the future
3 - USE_TZ = time zone, per region
                => converting datetimes

I think there should be an index page and one page for each of these three
topics.

What do you think? Have I missed something?

Thanks,

--
Aymeric Augustin.