On 28/09/12 08:41, Andrew Godwin wrote:
> Yeah, I think I mentioned it a couple of times at DjangoCon but perhaps
> not loudly enough - Jacob and I had a talk at DjangoCon EU where he said
> he wanted it all in core, and I tend to agree.
>
> Preston has had a look at what I'm doing/planning with AppCache and
> apparently it'll be compatable with what's in app-loading with a little
> work, which is reassuring.
>
> Only remaining question is whether migration-runner (the smarts) should
> be in contrib or core. I know Alex believes core; I'm split, seeing as
> some people will want to turn it off (so contrib), but it overrides core
> commands like syncdb (so core would be cleaner).

I'm very happy with South being in core/contrib, but I am aware of other
people who use different solutions. It would be nice if we didn't make
life hard for them. I don't know what that means in practice, but if we
got feedback from the developers of those other solutions it would be
good. We might need something like a 'syncdb --ignore-migrations' option.

Luke

--
"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
 My lips shall praise You."  (Ps 63:3)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/