I certainly don't want to tread on anyone's toes - the idea will be that,
like in South currently, migrations will be enabled/disabled on a per-app
basis, so if you don't want them they won't muck stuff up. Alternatively,
we could let the other apps override syncdb.

I'm hoping, in fact, that adding the database backends into core will make
anyone else who is doing custom migration stuff's lives easier - especially
if it's something highly custom internal to a company where you don't have
the time or team to do that stuff properly.

Andrew