Am 09.08.2014 21:21, schrieb Aymeric Augustin:
I tried to support both Trac auth and GitHub auth but I couldn't make it work.

The argument that "I use GitHub but maybe someone else doesn't want to" came up
a few times in this discussion. It seems to me that it's a theoretical concern about an
issue that doesn't exist in practice. That's why I asked for evidence that GitHub auth is
alienating valuable contributors; I haven't seen such evidence yet.

I think the discussion is on the wrong mailing list, I assume alot ppl here contribute active and use github anyway, but what is with the users who report bugs? Myself I never used trac dont contribute code kinda only listening here to know about changes ahead of time, but if I would have found a bug and dont have github account, I wouldnt register on a 3rd site just to fill in a bug report on another site. Personally I never register on a site which dont give me the choice to register directly with that site, I dont like to share what sites I use, how often and at what times I login there with other sites. Myself I use usually python-social-auth so ppl who prefer the oauth way have a wide variety to choose from and also a direct registration for ppl like me who prefer that way.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/53E7492A.5080204%40gmx.net.