Just to throw in my two cents here. I work in an agency environment (lots of
projects, very few staff) and we follow the LTS cycle for almost all projects.
In my experience, jumping between LTS versions has - all things considered -
not been that big of an issue for us. I still sometimes wake up in a cold sweat
thinking about migrating from South to Django migrations, but that is a thing
of the past for most people these days.

If I were working on a product with guaranteed ongoing work I’d just jump from
major version to major version.

This is not meant to invalidate anyone else’s experience, but in my experience,
the current deprecation process is sufficient.

Kye Russell
Sent from my iPhone

> On 11 Aug 2019, at 12:17 am, אורי <u...@speedy.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your feedback. Eventually I found out that the Django Crispy Forms
> issue was a CSS bug in our CSS code. Anyway not related to Crispy Forms, it
> may take a lot of time and effort to upgrade Django for us, and I would
> prefer to keep using Django 1.11 as much as we can.
>
> אורי
> u...@speedy.net
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CABD5YeFihYLbjrcj%2B71_FTyJqR46fCwiPoEtk6mMyJ1CBXQ5Bw%40mail.gmail.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/A70F9CF4-79BD-4452-ABE5-4C6C159E0483%40kye.id.au.
  • ... אורי
    • ... Carlton Gibson
    • ... Adam Johnson
      • ... אורי
        • ... Kye Russell
        • ... Patryk Zawadzki
          • ... Kye Russell
            • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
              • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
                • ... Josh Smeaton
                • ... Aymeric Augustin
                • ... James Bennett
                • ... Levi Cameron
    • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... Pkl