Along the lines of discussions about redefining requirements for board
seats (e.g. https://groups.google.com/g/django-developers/c/FbNaAq3rz6c), I
think it would be helpful to clarify what we want from individual members
of the DSF here:

https://www.djangoproject.com/foundation/individual-members/

As a non-member who recently made my first contribution to Django, I looked
at that page and thought: is that enough for me to be a member? I'm not
particularly concerned about my own membership, but rather, this made me
realize that the lack of clarity may prevent others from joining who
otherwise should.

Is there anywhere that we have a more clear outline of what we expect from
members both before they join and after? If not, could we have that
discussion here to clarify for future members?

Thanks,
Andrew