Hi Andrew.

Yes. Good question. I'm not immediately sure if there is a better
description of DSF membership around. 🤔

It's meant to be a recognition of contribution to the community, be that to
the code in django/django, maintaining a <modifier> third-party package,
organising a DjangoCon or community meetup, mentoring, ... — the dots there
are that the list incompletable, not simply because I'm too lazy to type,
if that makes sense 😜
(These tie roughly to the suggested points for eligibility for being on the
Steering Committee in Andrew's proposal
<https://github.com/django/deps/pull/75/files> except without the "and
you're still engaged" requirement that's also there — once earned, it's
yours.)

There was some discussion of this at both recent DjangoCons... — there's a
bit of a gap for people, perhaps like yourself, first getting involved. One
idea was a more open membership level that anyone interested could take up,
that would allow easier communication if nothing else. I don't know how
those discussions will turn out, but stay tuned 🙂

I hope that clarifies a litte?

In any case, Welcome aboard! ⛵️ :) Please reach out if you need any help.

Kind Regards,

Carlton