>total waste of time  - foss rulz - let them come to us

There are people having a real job and those might stumble over mssql
servers (I know for sure that I will from time to time) and they might
find it comforting to know that they can continue to use their
framework of choice. And no, they won't "come to us" - they will just
be harmed by not being able to use their tool of choice.

BTW: it's not that _you_ should invest any time, so I really don't
understand why you make such a fuss over it - it's not as if anybody
asked _you_ to work on it. It's volunteers that do the mssql adaption,
so if they want to work on it, let them. Telling people they should
stop scratching their itch is rather silly in FOSS projects and smells
of Djihad.

BTW: Django isn't GPL licensed, and I assume that they did that choice
for a reason. BSD people usually don't have any problem with other
people working on support for integration with commercial stuff.

bye, Georg