On 25/09/10 16:07, Derek wrote:
I am about a week into learning Django, having developed with PHP and
the CodeIgniter framework for the past 3 years.  That said, I'm used
to making a change to a file, refreshing my browser and seeing the
results.

Django's "syncdb" aside, it's been pretty weird having to restart the
Django webserver manually on certain occasions.  Is this also the case
when running Django on Apache?  If not, can I set up Django to run
with MAMP locally?

If you're developing, you can use the built in test server and that will pick up changes without refreshing.

If you're deploying on apache using mod_wsgi, you can set that up to automatically pick up your changes when the code updates.

Details at:
http://drumcoder.co.uk/blog/2009/nov/21/apache-mod_wsgi-config/

Hope that helps,

Tim.