On 25/09/10 19:36, Derek wrote:
on several occasions I've made changes to a view, and got a "cannot load
page/no response" (from the browser, not a Django error).  Once I quit
the server (Control-C), start it up again and refresh the page, it
works fine.

I get that sometimes too - I think it's just reloading the server as it has noticed a code change. Refresh again in the browser and it's usually working again.

I find that if you're developing a template tag it's sometimes required to restart the server to pick up the new code.

What I tend to do is try not to restart, and if something isn't working I'll restart the test server as my first test. If it still doesn't work then it's more than likely my fault rather than the server's...

Tim.