On Saturday 25 of September 2010 20:36:52 Derek wrote:
> Can someone briefly explain the difference between PHP apps -- which
> run your code "as is" without need for refreshing the server -- and
> Django?

The difference is that Django starts once, loads all modules it needs and then
starts handling requests with the code it has in memory, PHP on the other hand,
each time it handles a request loads each script and then throws away the
loaded
script after it has run (altough it can cache scripts somewhere I believe).