On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 17:31 +0900, James Hancock wrote:
> How does ordering() order Japanese Unicode text?

I do not know about japanese unicode, but ordering in Indian languages
for instance just follows the ordinal value of the character. So if
japanese unicode gives the first number to the first character - then
fine. Otherwise you have to write your own customised ordering. We have
to do that in Tamil for example, where one or two characters are out of
order in the unicode table.
--
regards
KG