On Monday, January 24, 2011 4:10:15 PM UTC+11, Kimberly wrote:

>   /home/username/wikicamp/wikicamp/settings.py -->  THIS DOES NOT EXIST
>
> WHAT DOES EXIST: /home/username/wikicamp and inside that directory,
> settings.py is there.

Earlier you said you got:

  import settings
  print settings.__file__

  import wikicamp.settings
  print wikicamp.settings.__file__

  after importing setting
  print settings.__file__
  OUTPUT: settings.pyc

  import wikicamp.settings
  print wikicamp.settings.__file__

  OUTPUT: wikicamp/settings.pyc

What directory did you do that from.

If you didn't run this from inside of site directory as was expecting and
you did it from your home directory, then you have a settings.py sitting in
your home directory which is the problem. Rename any settings.py file you
home directory to something else.

  mv ~/settings.py ~/settings.py.broken

In short, you have more than one settings.py file somewhere where it is
being found and the second one is causing a conflict.

Graham