On Monday, January 24, 2011 4:39:47 PM UTC+11, Kimberly wrote:

> Screen:
>
> You just installed Django's auth system, which means you don't have any
> superusers defined.....
>
> So it is working
>
> I do have a question... after I've used the move technique to move the
> settings.py settings.py.broken which places all of the file of settings.py
> inside the settings.py.broken. I then MOVED the file again from
> settings.py.broken to settings.py and at the command line, python manage.py
> syncdb.... it works! May I ask why it worked like that?

No idea. Just don't put any backup copy of settings.py in the directory
above where the proper one is located. This is because Django does a trick
with the Python module search path so that that parent directory gets added
to sys.path for a moment and this may cause that backup copy to get imported
wrongly meaning wrong settings used. So, don't question it, just be happy it
is working. :-)

Graham