> It had occurred to me that Django wasn't the right tool for this job -
> not everything is a nail :)

I am embedding these files within a template, so they are not direct static
serves. But the content must be inserted within the template "as-is" from
the filesystem.

I suck at Javascript.

Perhaps still, Django is not proper for the job, but I do know that I need
some server-side logic, and I want to do it in Python. Any recommendations
on another framework?
There are aspects of Django that are growing on me, this one paradigm is
where I am struggling, and I would not like to abandon just yet.

To recap one of my original statements; I do believe what I am really
looking for is a content management system, I just don't feel ready to
commit (maybe I need to get over that). I want a content management system
that focuses more on the "client experience" in the browser. It needs to be
picky about layouts, and aware of embedded media. Any suggestions for
starters?

NOTE: My site layouts are not "liquid" at all. They are very absolute; from
dimensions to positioning. Its not just about getting all the content on
the page in a certain order.