I'm no expert, and I haven't read the book you are working from, but it
seems the problem is the "/fun" part introduced in the apache config.
You don't have "fun" in the urls you use with the development server,
but apache has been configured to need the "fun" at the beginning in
order to route the request to your code.  Problem is the "fun" is still
there in the urls, but your urls.py isn't set up to expect it to be
there.  I think you either need to change the apache config to route
"/now" to your django code, or change your urls.py to expect the "/fun"
at the beginning (in which case you will also need to include "fun" in
your urls to get to the development server.

Hope this helps and is not clear as mud...

Karen