Hi again guys!

> > No, this isn't correct. No sane web browser requests every single URL at
> > once -- there is a maximum number of parallel connections they will open
> > for precisely this reason.
>
> And browser caching of static stuff like css files and images should
> hopefully ensure that such stuff isn't requested every time anyway.

And this explain why my server stucked last time. I changed the most
requested static files (a header used on online game pages), when I
changed it, the browser cache expired and tons of users have reloaded
the static file, then I hit 50 concurrent apache processes and my
server have stucked, could am I right?

Simon, do you tell me you don´t think I need a second phisical server
to use lighttpd. If I use the same server I can use different
approaches: have a second IP address and have lighttpd listen on this
another IP on port 80 or have a proxy application (could be the Pound
as Graham suggests me) or even have Apache redirecting media files
through mod_proxy (but this one I think is useless :-P). An
alternative IP address is the best approach, isn´t it?

I´ll read the other posts and follow your suggestions!
Thanks all help!
Best regards,

--
Michel Thadeu Sabchuk