I'm aware of a number of different schema evolution (Rails style
migration) tools that exist, most notably the ones listed at
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SchemaEvolution

While there seems to be two branches dealing with schema evolution one
doesn't seem to have been touched in 4 months, and the other in 11.
What is the recommended method to do this right now, what are you all
using, just plain SQL? Basically, I'm looking for the best solution to
this problem and would like to know what the community recommends.

Best,
Jamie