On 25 Nov, 10:21, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What is the recommended method to do this right now, what are you all
> using, just plain SQL? Basically, I'm looking for the best solution to
> this problem and would like to know what the community recommends.

I can't raccomand you any of these but I can say that, after
a long waiting, I found the project *I* like and fits *my* needs:
Django Evolution.

Here's some point about django evolution:
- good documentation
- clean and elegant (like django ;-) )
- works with a recent version of trunk
- intergrates with django management without patching it
  (thanks to the recent version of django itself)
- I can avoid to add information about evolution to my models
- helps to track and apply changes to the database.

I know: it can handle automatically only few case.
It doesn't support DeleteModel mutation... but I don't care:
I know a bit of sql and I can write a "DROP TABLE" statement. ;-)

I read the documentation of all these projects to make my choice.
As it doesn't take to much time, I advise you to do the same
to chose the project that better  fits your needs.

Regards
Massimiliano