I'm having a similar issue. Last week after I moved from .95 to svn
and started having these problems. However, if I refresh the
192.168.0.150/admin 4-5 times, the fifth refresh renders admin as if
nothing is wrong.
The records I add or update are added and saved, but after I restart
apache I'll get this error in the admin:
Tried update in module tswmls.notes.views. Error was: 'module' object
has no attribute 'update'
tswmls is my project name.

I expect "update" must be an module in admin, because I have no class
named update in any of my projects. Another apache problem I ran into
when moving to svn is I had to locate the django svn directory in site-
packages. Just sym-linking from site-packages to my svn directory did
not work with mod_python and apache as before. Apache or mod_python
would not follow the sym-link, I'm not sure which causing this. No
method of PythonPath tweeking worked, django simply did not run until
I moved the files into site-packages. At the moment, django runs, but
every so often I get the admin errors you have.

My Apache virtual server lines:
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.150>
<Location "/">
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE tswmls.settings
    PythonPath "['/home/webs/djtsw'] + sys.path"
    PythonDebug On
</Location>
<Directory "/home/webs/djtsw/public_html">
allow from all
Options +Indexes
</Directory>
<Location "/media">
    SetHandler none
</Location>
<LocationMatch "\.(jpg|gif|png)$">
    SetHandler none
</LocationMatch>
DocumentRoot /home/webs/djtsw/public_html
</VirtualHost>

settings.py located at /home/web/djtsw/tswmls:
# Absolute path to the directory that holds media.
# Example: "/home/media/media.lawrence.com/"
MEDIA_ROOT = '/home/webs/djtsw/public_html/media'

# URL that handles the media served from MEDIA_ROOT.
# Example: "http://media.lawrence.com";
#MEDIA_URL = 'http://media.localhost'
MEDIA_URL = 'http://192.168.0.150/media'

# URL prefix for admin media -- CSS, JavaScript and images. Make sure
to use a
# trailing slash.
# Examples: "http://foo.com/media/";, "/media/".
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/'

# Make this unique, and don't share it with anybody.
SECRET_KEY = '40n7dnlrx#ty0no12c1*j$([EMAIL PROTECTED])&^u&eofcout_643wk4'

# List of callables that know how to import templates from various
sources.
TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (
    'django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source',
    'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source',
#     'django.template.loaders.eggs.load_template_source',
)

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware',
)

ROOT_URLCONF = 'tswmls.urls'

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    "/home/webs/djtsw/django_templates"
    # Put strings here, like "/home/html/django_templates" or "C:/www/
django/templates".
    # Always use forward slashes, even on Windows.
    # Don't forget to use absolute paths, not relative paths.
)

INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'django.contrib.auth',
    'django.contrib.contenttypes',