I never got it working back then.  I was thinking of bringing up a test Apache
box right from the start, but it seemed more important to get a prototype site
functioning.  Now I am ready to actually use Apache, so here we are.

Thanks for your efforts - and like my page says: rumors.  I will note that
symlinks do not effect finding python files.  Thanks.

Carl K