I think the current documentation and implementation of the
SessionStore is not correct. I had some problems with it yesterday as
well. I eventually solved it differently and without a session.

However if you just want to access a session from across different
views you can just use the 'request.session' dictionary. No need for
using the SessionStore.

But like Horst said try to figure out if you really need to use a
session in the first place.

Wim