>You're not asking it to do a whole hell of a lot.

In terms of security, perhaps this is the most critical part of the
stack? SQL injection is one of the nastiest security vulnerabilities
IMHO.

>Seriously, though, psycopg2 is an open source library with a history of
>working pretty well for what it does.

I'd like a bit of documentation though. Perhaps a bug tracker? I don't
have the resources, or the knowledge, to make full tests of psycopg2.

Neither did I find this particularly inspiring (2.0 release).
Federico wrote:
>To be honest some last minor patches and fixes went in mostly untested
>so I wanted to release another beta but given the fact that some pretty
>big projects are still using psycopg 1 only because "psycopg 2 is still
>in beta" I decided to go for the real one.
http://osdir.com/ml/python.db.psycopg.announce/2006-06/msg00000.html

I love open source software, and I'm not asking for huge teams
supporting the code. It's just psycopg is the most disorganised
production open source project I've ever seen.
The trouble is getting organisations and businesses to believe in open
source. When the first page you get when googling psycopg is a rant
containing swear words, it's not particularly confidence inspiring.

Will