On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 1:26 PM, tampler_knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed the 'Django poll application' that comes with the Django
> tutorial.
>
> When I try to start the webserver using the command
>
> C:\django-poll\mysite>python manage.py runserver
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "manage.py", line 2, in <module>
> from django.core.management import execute_manager
> ImportError: No module named django.core.management
>
> Would really appreciate if someone please advised me as to what am I
> doing wrong.
>
> BTW, I am using Windows XP SP2 and have Python 2.5 installed on my
> machine.

Python isn't finding Django in your PYTHONPATH.  You do not say what version
of Django you installed or where you put it.  Apparently you did not use the
setup.py procedure which puts django in your Python site-packages directory
so that it is automatically found by Python.  That is fine, but if you
choose not to install django in site-packages then you need to set your
PYTHONPATH environment variable to point to django so that python can find
it.  See:

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/install/#install-the-django-code

Karen